Saturday, March 30, 2013

Review: Inglot Freedom System Eyeshadows

HELLO ALL! In the wake of the Inglot Boutique opening on Beautylish, I figured I should review the 4 eyeshadows I picked up last November, which I haven't gotten around to yet. Let's get to it!

L-R, clockwise: 418, 423, 390, 441

I can't review Inglot's Freedom System palettes sadly, seeing as I bought mine loose and put them in a $1 ELF palette. The actual palette for 4 eyeshadows costs $10 on the above boutique, and I was trying to maximize my money. I'm extremely cheap, I know. Disregarding that, all Inglot Freedom System eyeshadows come in a pretty decent sized pan (about 1 in. x 1 in, but more rectangular) with a lot of product. You can create a pretty decent palette with them, as they also sell blushes, powders, concealers, brow products, lip products, and more, that can all fit in these palettes.

Swatches!
(taken in front of natural light, swatched over bare skin)

L-R: 418, 441, 390, 423

All eyeshadows described as "Treated pigments, micas and nylon provide high lubricity and a silky touch for an easy smooth, long lasting, crease resistant application." No color descriptions provided, so I'm winging it!

418 (Pearl) - 418 is a brown-forest green duochrome that comes off shimmery. I could not get this to photograph very well, sadly. Regardless of that, this is the color I was most excited for, and it did not disappoint. I've seen this compared to Sugarpill's Junebug Chromalust. It reflects as brown with a mixture of the green you see in pan. Very unique color.

441 (Pearl) - Agh, miss for me! This is the only color I was not stoked on. In pan, it comes off sort of like Urban Decay's Ecstasy or Fishnet.  It looks like a shimmery purple duochome shade. When swatched, it's... Well, invisible. I had to really rub my finger in it to get that swatch, and I still don't think it's all that impressive. Not a huge fan, which is disappointing, because the color in-pan is beautiful. Very dry and patchy. This looks best over a sticky pigment base, but still not great.

390 (Matte) - A not-so-simple light beige color. I love this! Only fellow makeup junkies will ever understand why I get so excited over mattes, nonetheless mattes that are the color of my skin. Regardless of your judgments, this is a perfect lid shade and oh-so-matte. It could even work as a highlight on certain skintones. Hell, I've worn it on its own before, just to make my eyelids look a bit more polished before adding eyeliner. It's so, so smooth (they all are, really, except 441) and stays on long, even without primer. 

(I actually used Nail Art & Things' comparison post of UD Naked Palette dupes to decide to buy this and 423, since I didn't want to buy a full palette but had some stars. Definitely suggest this list to others with the same needs.)

423 (Pearl) - Another beauty! Super shimmery, but more along the lines of an Urban Decay eyeshadow's metallic qualities than sparkly. This was said to be a dupe of Hustle on the list above. It's a deep burgundy-brown that makes a beautiful crease shade, especially when paired with 390. Definitely as pretty as it looks in the swatch.

Roundup time!
(all ratings are out of 5)

Staying Power: ♫♫♫♫
These shadows stay on for the long-term even without primer. The only issue is 418's duochrome effect seems to fade into one color after a while.

Value: ♫♫♫♫♫
Each eyeshadow is $6 for 0.09 oz for pearls and 0.08 oz for mattes.  To put that in perspective, UD eyeshadows are $18 for 0.05 oz and MAC charges $12-15 without Pro discount for the same. I could argue that most of them are on par with UD's quality, if not better than MAC's. (I even got them on sale for $3.50 each!)

Quality: ♫♫♫♫
All of them except 441 are buttery as can be and blend beautifully.

Pigmentation: ♫♫♫♫
Again, great pigmentation, save for 441.

Would I buy it again?: Definitely, no doubt about it!


You can purchase these eyeshadows at the above-mentioned Beautylish boutique or Inglot USA's website. Inglot also has online shopping locations for Australia, the UK, The Netherlands, Finland, and RSA (South Africa). There are store locations all over the world, including big cities in the US. Now go pick some up!

-<3 Angie

RIP Wojciech Inglot
6-11-55 - 2-23-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment