Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Review: Milani Color Statement Flirty Fuchsia lipstick & Fuchsia lip liner


Recently I acquired a lipstick and lip liner from Milani's Color Statement collection. These came out fairly recently, but I'm not entirely sure when. All I know is these lip products definitely feel nothing like a Walgreens purchase!

All pictures taken in front of a window, naturally lit, with no flash!



The lip liner is described as "matte fuchsia." It comes as your standard wooden lip pencil. I got the shade Fuchsia, a darkened pink that's similar to the lipstick, but just a tad darker. Similar to UD's Woodstock eyeshadow. The formula is just slightly dry, so I wouldn't recommend filling your entire lip with it... But you probably won't need extra opacity with this lipstick anyway!




The lipstick itself is described as a "true fuchsia vinyl." It comes in a lovely gold tube (that just happens to reflect me taking the picture of it) that comes off a little more elegant than the standard clear cap of drugstore lipsticks. The color itself is a true fuchsia/hot pink with a slight blue shift. The formulation is amazing for a drugstore lipstick. It's ridiculously opaque on the first swipe, and feels creamy and more similar to an expensive lipstick than a Milani one! It smells of a tropical watermelon candy scent, which I really liked about it.

Swatch time!

L-R: Milani Color Statement lip liner in Fuchsia, Color Statement lipstick in Flirty Fuchsia; swatched on bare skin.

Pictured: Milani Color Statement lipstick in Flirty Fuschia lined with Color Statement Fuchsia lip liner

Roundup time!
(all ratings are out of 5)

Staying Power: ♫♫♫♫
I didn't wear this for long, but it did last the 3 hours or so I needed it for. Definitely not slippery or overly creamy.

Value: ♫♫♫♫♫
The lipstick sells for $4.59 on Milani's website, while the liner sells for $3.99. This is amazing quality for the price.

Quality: ♫♫♫♫
One of the best feels of a lipstick I've ever seen. Perfect formulation, not too matte, not too shiny, not heavy on the lips.

Pigmentation: ♫♫♫♫♫
True to color on the packaging/lipstick bullet and extremely opaque.

Would I buy it again?: Indeed! I plan on getting Violet Volt and possibly D'Oro or one of the reds next time I see it in stores.


You can pick up these products at Milani's website, Walgreens, CVS, Target, and most other drugstores. Not all places that sell Milani sell these lipsticks, so don't bring unnecessary disappointment on yourself! 

Bye dolls!
-<3 Angie


No comments:

Post a Comment