Monday, April 8, 2013

Review: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Amused + Blush Brush


Hello my gorgeous little beauty fiends! I've been absent for a bit. I hope you all enjoyed your Zombie Day/Easter and the week following! Without further adieu, Tarte!

I purchased the brush and the blush together.


First things first, the brush, oh god, the brush. This is my favorite of any brush I've ever owned. It's extremely sturdy. The handle is Tarte's signature deep purple color and feels wooden. The brush itself is attached with a little piece of gold-painted metal, and the brush itself... I can't recommend it enough. It's the softest thing ever - like rubbing a kitten on your face. (Of course, Tarte is completely cruelty free, so it's not actually anything like that. It's just a super soft synthetic brush.)

To the blush! The blushes all come in simple circular compacts with the Tarte flower inlay on the front. The color matches the blush inside depending what color you get.


The back displays the name of the color, the products, etc. on a clear sticker.


The blush itself has the Amazonian River stamped into it, which, I have to say, has not decayed one bit over the 2 months I've used this blush daily. (Now, go to swatch it in Sephora, and that's a different story...) The other side of the compact has a large, clear mirror, which is not pictured.

The blush's feel is a little dryer than formulas like MAC's Mineralize Blushes or NARS' powders, but not in a bad way. The powder is extremely soft and finely-milled as well. The blush is extremely pigmented. Because of all these things, I advise you're careful about how much you put on. I tried to swoosh and swirl my brush in it when I first got it, and I looked like a clown! (Not the cool Slipknot kind, either) The feel of the blush tricks you into thinking it might not be as pigmented as it really is, but it's extremely easy to overdo it. In my opinion, because of all of this, I think it's an awesome formula. Super easy to blend and apply.

Swatch time!
(taken in natural light, on bare skin)


L-R: Amused blended out with brush, Amused swatched heavily with finger

Amused is described as "bright pink" on Tarte's website. Oh my gosh, this color is beautiful. It seems to adapt to the skintone wearing it. On a lot of swatches I saw, it leans a lot more pastel. I describe it as a Barbie pink. It still leans Barbie in the swatch, but on my cheeks, it's more of a true bright, hot pink. At the end of the day, it ends up as a beautiful color and a nice, natural flush, but still bright and noticeable.

Roundup time!
(all ratings are out of 5)

Staying Power: ♫♫♫♫♫
The blush lasts 12 hours and then some. I apply my makeup at 6:30 a.m. and, when I remove it around 10pm, it's still completely there. (N/A for brush)

Value: ♫♫♫
While the blush is amazing, some people don't want to drop $26 on a blush, myself included, which is why I bought it during the free brush promotion. The brush is every bit worth $28, but I don't know if I could blow that much money on a brush myself. Bottom line, lots of product, but not many people want to spend this much money at once on one product.

Quality: ♫♫♫♫♫
The feel is a smooth but not overly buttery formula that I love.

Pigmentation: ♫♫♫♫♫
This stuff is bright, man.

Would I buy it again?: Ask me in a few weeks and I might be holding Tipsy or Blissful as well...


And that's all, man! You can purchase these from SephoraUlta, or Tarte's website!

-<3 Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment