Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Review: MAC Fashion Sets 2013 Lipstick in Heroine

I've been so busy, I'm sorry! To make up for it, here's a quick review of something I've waited for for a long time - MAC's Heroine!


As per the usual, the lipstick comes in MAC's signature black, speckled tube. Very simplistic - I've always loved MAC's packaging.

The lipstick is a matte finish, though some describe it as satin. I see it dry out to a very matte texture after it gets a chance to set. It's not drying to the lips, but it's not the most moisturizing lip product either.

Swatch!


Boom! I've lined just slightly with NYX's Slim Lip Pencil in Purple Rain for shaping purposes. The color is a beautiful deep purple, leaning more reddish than blue-based. (Why do no big makeup brands make blue-based purple lip products??) This picture shows my primary issue with the lipstick, however. It applies just slightly patchy. I've heard this wasn't an issue with the original Reel Sexy release. It sinks into lip lines a good bit and stains red, so make sure to apply it exactly where you want it or you may have issues cleaning it up. The patchiness and whatnot can be easily solved with a lip liner. The one I used above is a fabulous dupe for the actual Heroine liner, which is dandy!

Roundup time!
(all ratings are out of 5)

Staying Power: ♫♫♫♫♫
I wore this a full 7 1/2 hour day, ate, did my thing, whatever - there was hardly any transfer or movement all day.

Value: ♫♫♫♫♫
$16 for 3g of this wonderful lipstick is no loss to me. 

Quality: ♫♫♫♫♫
Great texture and smell. I always feel slightly classier in a MAC lipstick, even if this is one of my more adventurous colors. (but I wear it whenever I want anyway so hey)

Pigmentation: ♫♫♫♫
Just one star off for the patchiness deal. It is actually pretty opaque on smoother areas of the lips, but seeing as my larger lip is my bottom & that's where it gets messy, it's just a small issue for me.

Would I buy it again?: YES, YES, YES, A THOUSAND TIMES YES. I really wish they'd just make this permanent already! I love this lipstick so much!!


Unfortunately, this lipstick is out of stock. I picked it up on the MAC website, but Nordstrom and Macy's both sell MAC products as well. Crossing my fingers for another re-release one day!

-<3 Angie

PS: I'm extremely lovesick, so here, have some of my favoritest non-metal band.



"Oh, and this is not the first night,,
Staying up and trying to word everything right.
Do you know it’s like to have someone steal your heart away?

And oh, I know I’ve said it all before,
Now I’m the idiot standing at your front door
With my hands in my pockets, just trying to steal your heart away..."

No comments:

Post a Comment