Friday, May 17, 2013

Review: Sugarpill ChromaLust Loose Eyeshadows in Goldilux, Absinthe, Paperdoll, Magpie, Lumi, Birthday Girl


I have quite a few eyeshadows from Sugarpill, which is probably apparent. Next on the feature train is the ChromaLust Pigments!


You can tell incredible care goes into the packaging of the product. It came in its own custom box (pictured above), wrapped in pink tissue paper, and padded with even more pink tissue paper. The 4 shadows were nestled in the paper with a glittery Sugarpill sticker, a business card (the back had an ad for the new Cold Chemistry palette - wherever that is), and a sample of another pigment, Birthday Girl!



They all come packaged in jars that are absolutely huge for loose pigment, containing 4g of product. That's similar in size to your average OPI nail polish bottle. A small graphic and the company's information with the name of the color is displayed on the bottom's sticker. 


Goldilux


Magpie

Absinthe

Paperdoll

Birthday Girl (sample)


All of the shadows are smooth and glide on as powders, but come alive when used wet. Unfortunately, this review just contains dry swatches. They're packed with glitter and are, for the most part, very pigmented. Paperdoll is a bit light, but the color is even throughout regardless.

Swatch Time!

Goldilux

Sugarpill describes Goldilux  as “Brilliant, highly-reflective metallic gold with breathtaking shine. The brightest gold you've ever seen.” I have to agree! This eyeshadow is like the softest glitter you’ve ever touched. Glitter appearance, but the same smooth texture of a typical loose Sugarpill eyeshadow. And when you wet this, the results are amazing. However, as you can see in the picture, you don’t need to! I barely dipped into the jar and got all this bright, shiny color payoff. It’s a super-metallic yellow-based gold that can give a little glamour to any look. (I spilled it all over my hand doing makeup for a play and, while disastrous, I definitely had a Midas Touch look going on…) Even if Sugarpill’s crazy colors aren’t usually your thing, this color is a must-have. Best gold around.
 

 
L-R: Paperdoll, Absinthe, Magpie

Sugarpill describes Paperdoll as “Lovely lavender with dazzling shimmer and sparkle.” I wanted this for a very long time, but I have to say, I was a little disappointed when I got it. It’s a beautiful color. Light lavender with white and pink glitter mixed in. However, even when wet, this is a very subdued color for lavender. It’s very hard to build and kind of just stays light. Lovely feel and color, but just a little light for me.

Sugarpill describes Absinthe as “A mischievous vivid lime green with yellow undertones. Shimmery!” I love this color so much! It’s a very neon green with just a hint of lime/pastel (in comparison to other neon greens that can be more yellow-based). And hot damn, is it glittery. This is the shadow I’d say works best wet, because it foils on beautifully and stays the most opaque in comparison to the others. This is probably one of my favorites of the loose shadows.

Sugarpill describes Magpie as “Dramatic silky black with metallic blue sheen and turquoise sparkles.” From the picture, I expected more of a teal tone to the shadow, but when I got it, I found the description was more true than the picture. I use this as black, for the most part, or in blue-based smoky eyes. It’s a dark, dark midnight blue with silver and turquoise glitter mixed in. Beautiful color.

L-R: Lumi over black eyeliner, Lumi alone, Birthday Girl

Sugarpill describes Lumi as “Snow white with turquoise sheen and flashing bursts of blue and green.” Oh my gosh, this is so beautiful. I want to start a religion around it. I love colors with split personalities, and this does the job and more. As you can see, dry and by itself, it shows as just a glittery white with a hint of blue. When you put it over a black base, such as eyeliner, it comes alive! It turns into a metallic turquoise that’s just absolutely beautiful. Also one of my favorites!

Sugarpill describes Birthday Girl as “Sweet princess pink with iridescent fuchsia sparkles.” Pretty spot on! This is the color for the more sugary side of the Sugarpill girls, the Barbies. I got this as a sample with my order. It’s a light baby pink with a bit of a lavender-fuchsia tone to it, with fuchsia and white glitter. It’s actually really fun to play around with – you can make it subdued and pastel, or you can work it into more of a brighter look with ease.



Roundup time!
(all ratings are out of 5)

Staying Power: ♫♫♫♫1/2
Loose shadows are expected to fade, but this is one of the best ones I've tried.

Value: ♫♫♫♫♫
A huge jar (4g) for $12? Count me in!

Quality: ♫♫♫♫♫
Buttery smooth. No painful glitter.

Pigmentation: ♫♫♫♫1/2
Other than Paperdoll, these shadows can be foiled to extreme opacity with ease.

Would I buy it again?: Definitely! I plan to!
 
That's it dolls! Hope you enjoyed! 
-<3 Angie

1 comment:

  1. Goldilux looks gorgeous!! ♥
    http://amourtera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete