Thursday, June 6, 2013

Review: NYX Powder Blush in Mauve

3 weeks?? Eek! I had no idea it'd been that long! Alas, I come with a review of my favorite daily blush - NYX's Powder Blush in Mauve!

I picked this up on a whim when there was a NYX sale back in April on Ulta's website. I just wanted a bit more of a subdued blush after using Tarte's Amused for so long, and it definitely delivered - with much better quality than I expected!


The packaging is a slightly strange rounded shape, but it's still cute. I like the lettering and such. It seems it could be stood up vertically and store better if your shelves are tall enough. It's small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, nevertheless - but this does not mean you don't get a lot of product inside.



Excuse the awkwardly folded label on the side there! The blush has a cool triangular design across the top which actually helps pick up more blush. You can certainly swirl the brush around and not get an overkill amount, however, unlike Tarte's blushes. (nothing against them - you just have to be a little gentle) There's quite a bit of product in there and I don't plan to run out of this quickly.

Swatch time!


NYX describes this color as "matte light mauve." It's a light, dusty pink with an absolute matte finish. I'm pretty pale, but not ghostly, and on me, it shows up as a subtle, alive color. Ha. I can look a little tired (read: dead) without blush, so this adds the right amount of color without looking like a clown. You can't see it all that well in this swatch because it's so subtle, honestly.

Roundup time!
(all ratings are out of 5)

Staying Power: ♫♫♫♫♫
Long-wearing through long, sweaty days.

Value: ♫♫♫♫♫
5.2g of product for $5? I'm in.

Quality: ♫♫♫♫♫
Extremely smooth.

Pigmentation: ♫♫♫♫1/2
I'm thinking the brighter colors might not show up as easily (this is a color I wanted subdued) but it's not a quality I mind.

Would I buy it again?: Definitely!


That's all! You can pick these up on NYX's website as well as Ulta's. It sells out on Ulta ocassionally so I recommend the website, although ship times are a bit longer. Hope you enjoyed!

-<3 Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment