Friday, July 5, 2013

Review: MAC Lipstick in Snob

Hello all! I recently picked up a new lipstick and was totally not bamboozled by the lady selling it to me from the MAC store that I am absolutely in love with and want to share. Therefore, here we go! Snob!





Packaging is the usual black bullet with the shade name on the bottom.


This lipstick is a satin finish, which I was a tad unsure about as I'd never used one before. However, you get used to it quickly. It goes through phases of the average lipstick feeling, then sudden dryness, then, suddenly, you no longer feel it.  At the end, it's similar to a matte. This lipstick is opaque within a swipe or two.

Another point I thought was interesting is the way it comes off. Most girls dread eating/drinking with lipstick because it comes off from the inside out and leaves you with an awkward Cupid's bow/lower lip thing that's not the most attractive. This lipstick comes completely off, which I found to be a good and bad thing.

Swatch time!



Ooh la laaaa. I love this color, and have been obsessed since I bought it. I came in looking for a nude, and the saleslady absentmindedly swatched this on my hand and I fell in love.

It does function like a nude, as it's a very pale pink on me. MAC describes it as a "ladylike mauve." It's a light pink, but not as light as Saint Germain. Both are very blue-based, but this is almost lavender to me. It's a super unique color. The closest I could find was Revlon's Strawberry Shortcake Lip Butter, but that's a different finish. I feel satin suits this color best.

Pros:
-Very unique color
-Comes completely off
-Feels nice on the lips when it sets
-Nice, discreet packaging

Cons:
-Some find satin finishes dry
-Comes off quickly (some may dislike this)

Roundup time!
(all ratings are out of 5)

Staying Power: ♫♫♫♫
Compared to other MAC lip colors, this comes off just a tad quicker.

Value: ♫♫♫♫♫
I will never hesitate to spend the $15 on these lipsticks because the quality is unmatched.

Quality: ♫♫♫♫♫
Speaks for itself. Feels very nice to me.

Pigmentation: ♫♫♫♫♫
Opaque in 2 swipes.

Would I buy it again?: Yes!

You can pick this up on the MAC website or Nordstrom's, as well as the two stores. I definitely suggest it!

Bye dolls!

-<3 Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment