Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Review: Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate

Hello all! Wow, I owe a bit of an explanation, don't I?

I've been missing since October due to conflicts of a new job, school things, the holidays, and just tons and tons of stuff. And the truth is, yes, some laziness. A big part, however, was the fact that I was trying to save for a nicer camera for my videos. Well, I just got one from my mom (Canon SX280 HS - thanks mama!) and I am definitely here to stay now. Blogging, video filming, and being active. Now, to the review!

This is a product that has been hyped up like mad by beauty gurus - the new Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade. This stuff has been selling out crazy fast at all my local makeup stores (it's all sold out at Sephora online), and I can't find a single guru who does not currently use this. Alright, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I'm definitely in good company here...



The product comes in a heavy glass jar, similar to the Maybelline Color Tattoos or a gel eyeliner. This would mean the product probably should be stored upside down, as I store my MAC Fluidline to keep it from drying out.



The color I got, Chocolate, is a warmer dark brown. The slight warmth works perfectly with my dark red/black hair, but would probably still work for the lighter hair color I plan to have in the summer! It's the most universal color in my opinion, and would probably look great on everyone. A cheap dupe for the color would be the Maybelline Define-a-Brow in Medium Brown.

Those lines you see are, in order, a swatch with my finger, a line with my angled brush, and more lines until the product was mostly off my brush. It is highly pigmented and the smallest bit will do. Use a light hand, or you will have super-dark Sharpie brows - which works, if you're into that! - but I, myself, am not.

The product claims this, "A smudge-free, waterproof pomade formula that performs as an all in one brow product. This creamy, multitasking product glides on skin and hair smoothly to create clean, defined brows. The standout formula works as a brow primer and provides color, sculpture, and shading. It is ideal for oily skin and in humid climates."

Well, that waterproof claim?

Oh yeah.


With an exfoliating makeup wipe, I scrubbed so hard that my wrist now feels like my undereye skin, and... Wow. It's still there. Honestly, you could more than likely swim with this on and come up with it still on. (Which is ideal for a natural blonde like me who isn't too fond of the no-brow look.) This would more than stand up to humidity.


The product feels very creamy, not at all stiff, without any heaviness. The reason this works better for an eyebrow rather than, say, a cream eyeshadow, is it sheers out in a lovely way. This could create a heavy brow or a very light natural one, depending on what you prefer, which makes it awesome and versatile for freelance kits.

On the brows:



Ignore my eye discoloration! Above, I am wearing the product, applied with Ulta's angled brush, with some slight cleanup with concealer. I traced out the top and bottom of my eyebrows with the product and wiggled my brush  back and forth to create a gradient towards the front. I would usually add eyebrow gel, but did not for the review.

All in all, this is an A+ product to me. There's nothing like it, and you really should try it out.

Roundup time!
(all ratings are out of 5)

Staying Power: ♫♫♫♫♫
Completely waterproof and hard to rub off.

Value: ♫♫♫♫♫
This retails for $18 for 0.14 oz. In comparison, MAC's Fluidline costs $16 for 0.1 oz. To add to that, the small amount you need to use is almost negligible. I expect this could last a year if it weren't for the suggested throw-out date of 6 months,

Quality: ♫♫♫♫♫
This feels like a high quality product.

Pigmentation: ♫♫♫♫♫
So pigmented you have to watch how much you use!

Would I buy it again?: In a heartbeat.

This can be purchased at Ulta, Sephora (once restocked), and Anastasia Beverly Hills' respective websites. Move quick, because this one sells out fast!

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment